Overall, do you feel like you use your time wisely? Think about the ways you have spent your time over the last week. Write down the amount of time you spend doing the following things on an average week:
- Human needs activities (sleeping, cooking, and eating):
- School-related activities:
- Activities geared toward my specific long- and short-term goals:
- Transportation (commuting) activities:
- Continuous learning:
- Facebook, Twitter, other social media, or texting:
- Time-wasting activities:
- Activities for stress management:
- When you look at how you spent your time, are there any areas where you could manage your time better?
- Are there any areas you feel like you are spending the perfect amount of time doing?
- What strategies do you need to implement to manage time better?
- In our opening case, what emotional intelligence qualities is Reegan lacking? Does this have anything to do with her time management ability? What are some tips that could be used to improve emotional intelligence?